Snowy Mountains Shuttles (SMS) endeavors to ensure that all our transport services run smoothly and that we meet our customers expectations. Please read our Terms & Conditions before making a booking. By confirming a booking with SMS and by making payment, the customer and all parties acknowledge that they have read, understood, and agree to our Terms & Conditions for transport.
Bookings, Confirmations, Amendments & Payments:
- Advanced bookings are recommended to ensure or guarantee our availability.
- A 20%, or an agreed deposit is required to confirm a booking with SMS. Without a deposit your booking may not be confirmed until payment has been received. Please advise us Via email once a payment has been made so we can allocate accordingly. Final payment will be due 14 days prior to 1st date of travel or mutually agreed terms.
- 100% Refunds for cancellations are available up to 30 days before 1st travel date.
- All Cancellation requests must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No cancellations will be acknowledged via phone or text as they will get lost or forgotten.
- For Cancellations within 30 days before 1st travel date the 20% or agreed deposit is non- refundable.
- Cancellations within 48 hours of 1st travel date 100% of all money paid is non-refundable.
- When making a booking within 48 hours of travel a 100% Non-Refundable payment will be required to confirm the booking.
- SMS will issue customers with an email confirmation and payment requirements based on the information provided at quotation, it is the customers responsibility to check that all details are correct and advise SMS of any changes as soon as possible so we can attempt to amend the details before travel. Changes or amendments may NOT be available within 48 hours of travel. If we have the availability to accommodate any change, an additional fee may apply. For example, if the required time for pick up booked changes, and is out of our standard operating hours before 7am or after 4.30pm. If the pickup/drop off location is changed or if passenger numbers increase.
- We accept payments via Mastercard & Visa and EFT bank transfers. AMEX incurs a 2% surcharge. Cash may also be paid on collection by prior arrangement, the exact agreed fare will be required in full on collection. No credit will be provided.
- Amendments or any changes to an existing booking with SMS must be received in writing from the customer. We will do our best to accommodate your request, but changes may not always be available at short notice. Any changes or amendments requested within 48 hours of travel may not be available due to other booking commitments or vehicle allocations, etc.
- One free of charge amendment is available (subject to availability) any additional changes will incur a $50 administration fee.
Customer Cancellation and Refund Policy:
- All Cancellation requests must be received in writing from the customer whom made the booking and a follow on from the original email trail. Cancellation requests will not be accepted via telephone or text. Requests must be emailed to email@example.com at your earliest opportunity.
- Cancellation requests received in writing from the customer up to 30 days before the 1st date of travel, SMS will refund the customer in full 100% of any payment received. Less any costs we have incurred.
- Cancellation requests received in writing from the customer within 30 days before 1st travel, will forfeit the 20% or the agreed non-refundable deposit. We recommend customers take out adequate travel insurance to cover travel losses.
- Cancellation or amendment requests received within 48 hours of 1st travel, SMS will provide NO REFUND or CREDIT under any circumstances and a 100% cancellation fee on any payment received will apply with no exceptions. We recommend customers take out adequate travel insurance to cover travel losses.
Snowy Mountains Shuttles (SMS) Cancellations:
- SMS reserves the right to cancel a customer’s booking request if payment is not received from the customer as per our Terms & Conditions in a reasonable time or before travel. It is the customers responsibility to ensure that their payment is made as per our Terms & Conditions to confirm any booking.
- If SMS has no other reasonable alternative but to cancel a customer’s booking, we will provide the customer with as much notice as possible, but not limited. If SMS or any partner is unable to provide a vehicle to meet all or part of the customers travel arrangements due to reasons out of our control or in the case of unforeseen emergency including but not limited to illness, mechanical issues, or road closures. SMS will attempt to arrange a suitable alternative on the customers behalf, if a suitable alternative is not available, we will refund the customer 100% of all payments received without any additional financial liability for inconvenience or additional loss incurred by the customer due to cancellation. We always advise that our customers take out adequate travel insurance.
Snowy Mountains Shuttles (SMS) 2022 Covid 19 Cancellation Policy:
- SMS will no longer offer a specific Covid 19 or any other contagious disease cancellation policy. Our standard cancellation policy above and Terms & Conditions will apply to all customer cancellation requests. We understand that we live in uncertain times and all travel is now considered a risk. We accept booking in good faith when the travel permits. We recommend customers perhaps delay confirming a booking with SMS until they feel confident with the travel situation. It is the customers responsibility to check and abide by current travel and health conditions.
- This includes but not limited to customers that cancel due to being infected by or close contact to a confirmed case.
Snowy Mountains Shuttles (SMS) 2022 International, Interstate & Regional Cross Border Closure Policy:
- SMS does not offer a specific sudden or unforeseen cross border closure cancellation policy. Our standard cancellation policy above and Terms & Conditions will apply to all customer cancellation requests. We understand that we live in uncertain times and all travel is now considered a risk. We accept booking in good faith when the travel permits. We recommend customers perhaps delay confirming a booking with SMS until they feel confident with the travel situation. It is the customers responsibility to check and abide by current travel conditions.
Snowy Mountains Shuttles (SMS) Travel Terms & Conditions:
- Pick Up / Departures Times: If the customer is late for the agreed pick-up time at the agreed pick-up location for any reason, the customer will incur a waiting fee charged at $16.50 per 15-minute increments that we are delayed. In some circumstances we may not be able to wait for any delayed passengers. If we are unable to wait for a delayed customer, the customer will forfeit their booking with SMS. Alternate transport arrangements will be required at customers cost and no refund will be provided. To avoid this, we strongly recommend that all passengers are ready to depart from the pickup location at least 10 minutes before the agreed pick-up time in case of delay. Wait fees will be charged and paid at the time of collection.
- For passenger airport pick up from Sydney, Canberra, or Snowy Mountains Airport Cooma we appreciate that flight delays & cancellations are sometimes unavoidable and out of the customer’s control. We request that we are advised as soon as possible of any known flight delay or cancellations so we can plan for adjustments to our schedule. We will generally schedule pick up to be approximately 15-30 minutes after the estimated arrival to allow for baggage collection etc. We allocate up to an additional 30-minutes for possible flight arrival delays. After a 30-minute wait for a delayed flight arrival the passenger may be liable for an additional waiting fee charged at $20 per 15-minute increments that we wait. Any agreed stop on route may be forfeited to make up lost time waiting. For airport pick-up where the customers flight is delayed, or the arrival time is changed at late notice by more than 60-minutes we may not be able to wait due to other booking commitments. Under these circumstances SMS reserves the right to 1) To Cancel the customers booking with no refund due. 2) Offer the customer an alternate pick up from the same location at a later time when/if we have availability. SMS will not be held liable for any costs incurred for missed connections due to airport delays that are out of our control. We recommend that our customers take out adequate travel insurance to cover such events.
- Additional or unauthorised/agreed stops on route for supplies, groceries or ski hire will be charged at $20 per 15–minutes for up to a maximum of 45 minutes and will only be permitted if our schedule allows time for additional stops. A quick refreshment stop is available on our longer Canberra or Sydney transfers at no charge.
- We strongly advise that passengers who have flights, buses, over snow connections, ski lessons or dinner reservations booked should allow ample & extra time for travel. SMS will not be held responsible or in any way financially liable for any delays because of mechanical issues, excess traffic, road closures, motor vehicle accidents, or adverse weather conditions. These factors should be considered by the customer when requesting their pickup time when booking with SMS for transfers. SMS, including its authorised affiliates & drivers will not be financially liable to the customer for failing to arrive at a destination at an estimated time nor shall the customer have any claim against SMS for reimbursement to the cost of additional fees or charges incurred in the result of a delayed arrival under any circumstances. We recommend that all customers take out adequate travel insurance to cover uncontrollable events.
- For transport/travel times that are required before 7am and or after 4.30pm an additional surcharge of the fare will apply. Should a customer choose to amend their times or in the case of a delay or flight change to a booking before these times an additional fee will apply. We quote & invoice according to the time advised by the customer when booking, time changes are not always available due to other booking commitments.
Charlotte Pass oversnow connections & bookings during winter:
- When customers are requesting transfers with SMS for Charlotte Pass connections from June to October, we schedule departures to allow ample time to arrive in Perisher at least 45 minutes to one hour before the advised over snow departure times in normal conditions. In the event of expected extreme weather or adverse traffic situations we may recommend travel times be amended to minimise potential risk of missing connections.
- For the return pick up from Perisher meeting our customers from Charlotte Pass we will aim schedule pick up 1 hour after your oversnow departure time. . Customers are advised to wait in the ski tube terminal. If the over snow is going to be delayed by more then 45 minutes we may have to come back later in the day. We ask that where possible customers notify us when they are departing Charlotte Pass resort or notify us in advance of any over snow delays.
- Once our customers have notified us of their allocated Charlotte Pass over snow connections we schedule accordingly. If a customer later requests to change there booking we will always do what we can to help but this may not always be possible due to other obligations and we will work with you to get the best possible outcome.
- Confirmed transfer bookings with SMS will only be available once the customer has been given confirmed over snow times from Charlotte Pass.
Valet Parking from our Compound.
- SMS offers our customers a Valet parking service from our compound in the centre of town next door to the police station. This is a shared compound that we have been given exclusive permission to use for customers using our service.
- Customers park their vehicles in Jindabyne at their own risk, SMS will accept no responsibility for any loss or damage to customers vehicles.
Luggage/Equipment/Seat Belts/Child Restraints:
- All passengers are required under Australian law to wear seatbelts on all transfers, SMS is not responsible to police this.
- Infant and Baby seats are available with prior notice on request.
- An additional cleaning & sanitising fee may apply if our seats are unnecessarily soiled.
- Children are legally required to travel in suitable restraints. If will be the child’s parent or guardian’s responsibility to check and adequately secure the child in a suitable seat. SMS is not responsible for the seat fitment or securing the child in the seat, the driver will request that the parent properly fit & secure before departure.
- SMS will provide waterproof pod trailers behind all vehicles and has enough room to fit general luggage requirements for each size passenger vehicle booked.
- If you are bringing excess baggage please advise when making the booking and we will have to take this into account beforehand and make the necessary arrangements if possible. If no prior notice we cannot be help responsible for any luggage that cannot be transported.
- SMS accepts no responsibility for lost or left luggage/gear, nor will any compensation be provided for any gear, equipment, or luggage accidently damaged whilst in transit.
Mountain Bike Shuttles & Transfers:
- SMS agrees to provide Mountain and push bike transfers at the customer’s request. We only use suitable bike racks & carriers. All due care is taken to minimise any possible damage to customers bikes whilst in transit. SMS accepts no responsibility for any damage that may be caused to a customer’s bike in transit or in the loading or unloading process. Customers undertake SMS bike transfers at that own risk, SMS will offer no compensation for any damage or loss to bicycles whilst in transit. We recommend that all customer’s have adequate insurance for their own property.
- Smoking and the consumption of alcohol is strictly prohibited in all SMS vehicles. The carriage and or consumption of illicit drugs is not permitted. For everyone’s safety we reserve our right to refuse transport to anyone deemed under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Additionally, passengers who ignore safety instructions & regulations or are abusive will be off loaded with no refund.
Road & Weather Conditions:
- Road & weather conditions in Alpine area are completely unpredictable especially during Winter. SMS regularly monitors the road & weather conditions. If we believe that there will be delays caused by adverse weather, traffic, or road closures, we will attempt to contact customers affected and recommend a change in travel times if required. Additionally, in extreme circumstances and safety reasons a change of vehicle , pick up and drop off location or alternate times will be implemented.SMS will not be responsible or accept liability for any additional costs if a change is deemed necessary.
- Snowy Mountains Shuttles strongly recommends that all our passengers & customers have adequate travel insurance that will cover & include any cancellations, lose or damage of luggage & equipment and missed connections. As well of course as sufficient medical & personal injury cover.